Each year, the Woodberry Poetry Room invites poets, writers, multidisciplinary artists, and scholars of contemporary poetry to propose creative projects that would benefit from the resources available in the room and to generate new work that further actualizes the Poetry Room's collections.
The Creative Fellow receives a stipend of $4,000 and a Harvard Library special borrower’s card, as well as in-depth research support from the Poetry Room's curatorial staff. During certain years, additional WPR Creative Grants have been made available, with a stipend of $1,500.
The Fellow is expected to be in residence for at least 7 days during the period from September 2019 through April 2020. If the Poetry Room's schedule permits, the WPR Creative Fellow will be asked to make a recording for the Poetry Room’s archive and/or to present their work-in-progress during their visit as a part of the WPR's public programming.
To be considered, applicants will be asked to provide the following materials:
- a description of the proposed creative project, which highlights the applicability of the Poetry Room's collection materials (and, other Harvard Library collections, if pertinent) to the project
- a list of the collection materials that will likely be consulted
- a work sample (writers/scholars: a single PDF writing sample / 15 pages maximum); visual & interdisciplinary artists / up to 10 digital images or a 10-minute (maximum) excerpt of a sound or visual recording. Accepted formats include: PDF, TIFF, JPEG, MP3, WAV, MP4 and MOV.
- a current artistic/professional resume (in PDF format)
- contact information for one letter of reference
The application deadline is Jan. 14, 2019. For further information, contact Christina Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recipients will be notified by April 1, 2019.